KS4 Course Specification
Key Stage 4 - Years 9, 10 & 11
- All pupils will study the following subjects during Years’ 9, 10 and 11.
- GCSE Mathematics (5 periods per week)
- GCSE English - Language and Literature (5 periods per week)
- GCSE Science - Combined (4 periods per week)
- Physical Education (1 period per week)
- Tutor time (delivering SMSC and IAG)
Pupils will then opt for 1 subjects from the following humanities section (3 periods each a week). All pupils must select at least 1 which is an EBacc subject. Pupils are given guidance in their selection with a view to maximising their progress across a suite of 8 subjects.
- GCSE History
- GCSE Geography
Pupils who we feel can be successful in studying a modern foreign language (3 periods each a week) will be given the choice of studying either
- GCSE French
- GCSE Spanish
Pupils will then opt for 2 further subjects (3 periods each a week) from the following group. A pupil's pathway for a particular subject will be determined by academic potential and progress, with a view to maximising achievement across 8 subjects. The options include:
GCSE’s in Art, Business, Computing, Drama, ICT, Product Design, Physical Education, RE, History, Geography, Sociology, Triple Science, Media, Statistics, C&G Hair and Beauty, Btec Construction, Btec Engineering, Btec Performing Arts, Btec Hospitality, Btec Health and Social care, Btec sport