At Manor we strive to create:
- Aspirational students who are motivated, self-regulating and successful learners.
- Caring young people with high moral standards that reflect an ever-changing Britain, who will make a positive contribution to local and wider society.
- Confident, creative and happy young people who enjoy their learning journey, in a safe and healthy environment.
- A curriculum which is inspirational, providing opportunities for the intellectual, personal, social, emotional, cultural and creative development of every student.
- A curriculum which encourages equality and tolerance.
- Provides students with a voice which is valued, and puts students’ needs at the heart of the curriculum.
- Promotes excellence in a culture of high achievement, where all students can achieve in relation to their starting points and success is celebrated.
Underpinning those aims is our overall strategic intent to develop a curriculum which:
- Is broad and balanced.
- Creates a culture of high achievement for all students.
- Allows all students to progress, no matter what their starting point or individual need.
- Allows all students to achieve and celebrate success.
- Supports and challenges all students.
- Provides appropriate continuity and progression between the key stages, using assessment intelligently to inform the next steps their learning.
- Provides clear and relevant pathways for learning and the flexibility to respond to developing needs, interests and contexts.
- Provides high quality Careers Education and Guidance thus ensuring that all students are prepared for their next steps at each stage of transition, and for future employability.
- Maintains the highest standards of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum so that students have essential skills for life.
- All students to experience the full curriculum before specialising, and for maximum learning time to be made available in order to allow for success.
- Aspire to ensure all students make progress in line with, or exceeding, national expectations.
- An induction programme that smoothly integrates students into KS3, building on the skills and knowledge from KS2.
- A continued commitment to the creative, artistic and sporting elements of the curriculum; both in the classroom and through our extensive enrichment opportunities.
Using the navigation panel on the left hand side will allow you to see our curriculum intent for KS3, KS4 and KS5 and to see how we strengthen our curriculum to extend the education for our students.